Airbnb is amazing because it provides the opportunity to stay at beautiful places in just about every city or village that you’ve ever dreamed of visiting.
So instead of heading onto a site that’ll book you a nice hotel room, check out these incredible and unique spots on Airbnb that’ll blow your mind. You can actually rent these places, and some of them are ridiculously affordable.
You’ll rethink staying in boring hotels from now on.
1. Airplane suite in the Netherlands; Teuge, Gelderland, Netherlands. Rate: $409/night
The most comfortable way to join The Mile High Club, like, ever.
2. Historic German Beer Barrel; Ostbevern, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. Rate: $113/night
It’s a beer barrel. In Germany. Sold.
3. Austrian Igloo; Kuhtai, Austria. Rate: $110/night
You can stay warm in this igloo by wrapping yourself in a sheep-skin blanket, cozying up by a bonfire, and drinking at the bar.
4. Thailand Treehouse; Luang Nuea, Chiang Mai, Thailand. Rate: $62/night
This is perhaps the sexiest treehouse to ever exist. It’s so Peter Pan and The Lost Boys… but all grown up.
5. Bamboo Palace; Abiansemal, Bali, Indonesia. Rate: $695/night
Book it before Tarzan takes Jane here for their anniversary.
6. Hobbit house in Thailand; Sikhio, Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand. Rate: $57/night
For any Tolkien fan, this place would be heaven.
7. Cable Car over the French Alps; Courchevel, Rhone-Alpes, France. Rate: N/A
This listing was only available as a part of an Airbnb Ireland contest, but it still deserves a place on this list. It’s too unique not to share.
8. Private Fijian Island; Nanuku Levu, Fiji. Rate: $500/night, $3,000/week, or $10,000/month
Pretending you own your own island might be the best vacation ever.
9. Cocoon in a tree outside of Paris; Fondettes, Centre, France. Rate: $136/night
10. Yachting off the coast of Spain; Andraxt, Balearic Islands, Spain. Rate: $555/night
It’s so romantic… Like Titanic. Minus the iceberg. And anyone dying. Okay, it’s nothing like Titanic, so you should do it.
11. The back of a Tesla; Phoenix, Arizona, U.S.A. Rate: $385/night
There really is no limit to what you can rent on this site. So if you want a throwback to your college dorm days, when you could only have sex in private if you went in the back of a car, this is the absolute adult-jest version of doing so.
12. Cupboard under the stairs; Seattle, Washington, U.S.A. Rate: $30/night
And then you can pretend that your’e Harry Potter and are about to get a letter from Hogwarts, minus having the worst aunt and uncle and cousin ever.